Will resolve Adarsh issue soon: Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: The Adarsh housing society issue will be resolved soon, but the media should also look at corruption cases in the non-Congress ruled states, Congress president Sonia Gandhi has said.
"Adarsh issue has been discussed within the party and will be resolved. Corruption and inflation remain the key issues for us," Sonia Gandhi told reporters at the sidelines of the Congress`s foundation day celebrations at the party`s national headquarters here on Saturday.
She added: "Media should also look at corruption in some other states ruled by the opposition parties. Look at us by all means, and point out our mistakes, but do look at others also."
"We have big challenges, but we are determined to be together and to fight and to win," she said.
The Congress president`s comments came a day after the party`s vice president Rahul Gandhi said the Adarsh housing society scam report should be reconsidered.
The Maharashtra government on December 20 tabled the probe report on the Adarsh Society scam in the State Assembly and then rejected it.
The report - by a two-member commission comprising former high court judge JA Patil, and former chief secretary P Subramanium - described the scam as reeking of "greed, nepotism and favouritism" by those in authority who twisted laws, setting "a bad precedent".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read