Will strive to ensure fair MPCC elections: Charak
Mumbai: G S Charak, the newly appointed
Chairman of the Pradesh Election Authority, MPCC for
conducting organisational elections in Maharashtra, on Tuesday said
that his endeavour will be to ensure free and fair elections.
Addressing a press conference here, Charak said attempts
will be made to make appointments from the booth committees to
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) unanimously.
He said the cut-off date for membership drive is December
31. "We had given out 48 lakh forms and are expecting that all
of them will be returned," Charak said.
The member rolls will be finalised by January 5 and the
meeting of district unit presidents, state office bearers and
heads of frontal organisations will be held on January 6.
A scrutiny committee will be appointed to prepare and
approve the final list of members. Appointments of members of
the election machinery will be made in due course, he said.
Charak said he would be touring the state region wise to
meet the grassroots workers to strive for unanimous and
consensual approach. He assured that no voice will be left
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory