Will strive to ensure fair MPCC elections: Charak
Mumbai: G S Charak, the newly appointed
Chairman of the Pradesh Election Authority, MPCC for
conducting organisational elections in Maharashtra, on Tuesday said
that his endeavour will be to ensure free and fair elections.
Addressing a press conference here, Charak said attempts
will be made to make appointments from the booth committees to
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) unanimously.
He said the cut-off date for membership drive is December
31. "We had given out 48 lakh forms and are expecting that all
of them will be returned," Charak said.
The member rolls will be finalised by January 5 and the
meeting of district unit presidents, state office bearers and
heads of frontal organisations will be held on January 6.
A scrutiny committee will be appointed to prepare and
approve the final list of members. Appointments of members of
the election machinery will be made in due course, he said.
Charak said he would be touring the state region wise to
meet the grassroots workers to strive for unanimous and
consensual approach. He assured that no voice will be left
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...