Will strive to ensure fair MPCC elections: Charak
Mumbai: G S Charak, the newly appointed
Chairman of the Pradesh Election Authority, MPCC for
conducting organisational elections in Maharashtra, on Tuesday said
that his endeavour will be to ensure free and fair elections.
Addressing a press conference here, Charak said attempts
will be made to make appointments from the booth committees to
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) unanimously.
He said the cut-off date for membership drive is December
31. "We had given out 48 lakh forms and are expecting that all
of them will be returned," Charak said.
The member rolls will be finalised by January 5 and the
meeting of district unit presidents, state office bearers and
heads of frontal organisations will be held on January 6.
A scrutiny committee will be appointed to prepare and
approve the final list of members. Appointments of members of
the election machinery will be made in due course, he said.
Charak said he would be touring the state region wise to
meet the grassroots workers to strive for unanimous and
consensual approach. He assured that no voice will be left
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31