Will strive to ensure fair MPCC elections: Charak
Mumbai: G S Charak, the newly appointed
Chairman of the Pradesh Election Authority, MPCC for
conducting organisational elections in Maharashtra, on Tuesday said
that his endeavour will be to ensure free and fair elections.
Addressing a press conference here, Charak said attempts
will be made to make appointments from the booth committees to
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) unanimously.
He said the cut-off date for membership drive is December
31. "We had given out 48 lakh forms and are expecting that all
of them will be returned," Charak said.
The member rolls will be finalised by January 5 and the
meeting of district unit presidents, state office bearers and
heads of frontal organisations will be held on January 6.
A scrutiny committee will be appointed to prepare and
approve the final list of members. Appointments of members of
the election machinery will be made in due course, he said.
Charak said he would be touring the state region wise to
meet the grassroots workers to strive for unanimous and
consensual approach. He assured that no voice will be left
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss