Will strive to ensure fair MPCC elections: Charak
Mumbai: G S Charak, the newly appointed
Chairman of the Pradesh Election Authority, MPCC for
conducting organisational elections in Maharashtra, on Tuesday said
that his endeavour will be to ensure free and fair elections.
Addressing a press conference here, Charak said attempts
will be made to make appointments from the booth committees to
Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) unanimously.
He said the cut-off date for membership drive is December
31. "We had given out 48 lakh forms and are expecting that all
of them will be returned," Charak said.
The member rolls will be finalised by January 5 and the
meeting of district unit presidents, state office bearers and
heads of frontal organisations will be held on January 6.
A scrutiny committee will be appointed to prepare and
approve the final list of members. Appointments of members of
the election machinery will be made in due course, he said.
Charak said he would be touring the state region wise to
meet the grassroots workers to strive for unanimous and
consensual approach. He assured that no voice will be left
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments