Will sue those maligning my image: Bhujbal
Mumbai: Under attack for alleged corruption in the construction of Maharashtra Sadan and money laundering charges against his family members, Maharashtra PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal on Tuesday said he was contemplating defamation suit against those maligning him.
Replying to a debate on Opposition-sponsored last week motion in the legislative assembly, Bhujbal said he was consulting legal experts and will sue those behind the campaign.
"I will take legal action against all those who are maligning my image. Be it individuals or media. There is no corruption in developing the Maharashtra Sadan. It is done after Urban Development Department`s approval, which is not under me," Bhujbal said.
"I am being singled out and targeted. But, let me make it clear that I have taken detractors head on earlier and now too will do so," Bhujbal said.
"People had tried to malign me ten years back, but I got a clean chit from CBI," the minister said without mentioning the Telgi scam.
Refuting the charges of irregularities in the construction of Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi, Bhujbal said the project was finalised and approved by the Infrastructure Committee, headed by the chief minister and a group of ministers.
"PWD minister does not allot FSI, which comes under the purview of the Urban Development Ministry. There is no wrong doing. Everything has been done as per norms," he said.
Referring to the MNS campaign against toll collection, Bhujbal said the government had stopped toll collection at 22 places and 178 toll nakas were still functioning in different parts of the state.
Out of the 178 roads, where toll is collected, 32 are national highways, 65 MSRDC roads and 81 PWD roads. The government is considering stopping toll collection at 24 places, he said.
He said roads constructed on BOT basis have boosted the agriculture and industrial development in the state because of good road connectivity. He also warned that companies may go to court if the agreement of toll collection is violated.
He said former MLAs and MPs will be given free passes and they will not be needed to pay toll.
Revenue Minister Balasaheb Thorat in his reply on sand dredging said, e-tendering will be extended to all districts as the project in eight districts have shown good results. e-auction will also be done, he added.
Even though the government had decided to book illegal trafficking of sand under MCOCA, it will not stand in the court of law.
In sand auction, Rs 1,244 crore has been collected in 2011-12, Rs 226 crore till June this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold
- Handful of vested interests inciting trouble in Kashmir: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti