Will take "positive decision" on Thackeray`s memorial: Govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday said it would take "a positive decision" on the demand that a memorial to the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray be constructed at the Shivaji Park ground in the city, where he was cremated yesterday.
Senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi had made the demand yesterday.
"Government will take a positive decision about constructing a memorial to Balasaheb," Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav said here.
He added that Thackeray family should make the demand first. "On their demand, positive decision will be taken by the government."
Talking to a news agency today, Joshi reiterated that the memorial should be constructed at the Shivaji Park. "I will discuss the issue with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and will also meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in this regard," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata