Will take "positive decision" on Thackeray`s memorial: Govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday said it would take "a positive decision" on the demand that a memorial to the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray be constructed at the Shivaji Park ground in the city, where he was cremated yesterday.
Senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi had made the demand yesterday.
"Government will take a positive decision about constructing a memorial to Balasaheb," Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav said here.
He added that Thackeray family should make the demand first. "On their demand, positive decision will be taken by the government."
Talking to a news agency today, Joshi reiterated that the memorial should be constructed at the Shivaji Park. "I will discuss the issue with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and will also meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in this regard," Joshi added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living