Will take "positive decision" on Thackeray`s memorial: Govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday said it would take "a positive decision" on the demand that a memorial to the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray be constructed at the Shivaji Park ground in the city, where he was cremated yesterday.
Senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi had made the demand yesterday.
"Government will take a positive decision about constructing a memorial to Balasaheb," Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav said here.
He added that Thackeray family should make the demand first. "On their demand, positive decision will be taken by the government."
Talking to a news agency today, Joshi reiterated that the memorial should be constructed at the Shivaji Park. "I will discuss the issue with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and will also meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in this regard," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress