Will take "positive decision" on Thackeray`s memorial: Govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra Government on Monday said it would take "a positive decision" on the demand that a memorial to the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray be constructed at the Shivaji Park ground in the city, where he was cremated yesterday.
Senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi had made the demand yesterday.
"Government will take a positive decision about constructing a memorial to Balasaheb," Minister of State for Urban Development Bhaskar Jadhav said here.
He added that Thackeray family should make the demand first. "On their demand, positive decision will be taken by the government."
Talking to a news agency today, Joshi reiterated that the memorial should be constructed at the Shivaji Park. "I will discuss the issue with Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray and will also meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan in this regard," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley