Woman arrested after body of day-old girl found
Beed: A twenty-eight year old woman has been arrested by Shirur police in the district for alleged female infanticide.
Half-buried body of a day-old baby girl was found near here on May 16. Police on Friday arrested her mother, Sushilabai Masatsing Bhitodia, from Barshi Naka area of the Beed city.
Post-mortem report had said that the girl had been strangled.
Police zeroed in on Sushilabai after checking on all the child-births in the area in the previous two days.
The child sex ratio in the district is the lowest in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!