Woman beats husband to death over infidelity
Pune: A 56-year-old man was clubbed to death allegedly by his wife, who was enraged over being suspected of infidelity here, police said on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old woman, arrested on Tuesday following the incident at Khadki area here, used a wooden log meant for washing clothes, to beat her husband-Shashikant Pillay-who had returned home in an inebriated state.
According to police, an altercation ensued between the couple after Shashikant started a quarrel with Sarojadevi accusing her of infidelity.
The angry wife then allegedly beat the man blue and black using a wooden rod and pushed him out of the house.
A case of murder was registered with police against Sarojadevi by relatives of the deceased after Shashikant was declared dead by authorities in hospital, where he was rushed to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what