Woman beats husband to death over infidelity
Pune: A 56-year-old man was clubbed to death allegedly by his wife, who was enraged over being suspected of infidelity here, police said on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old woman, arrested on Tuesday following the incident at Khadki area here, used a wooden log meant for washing clothes, to beat her husband-Shashikant Pillay-who had returned home in an inebriated state.
According to police, an altercation ensued between the couple after Shashikant started a quarrel with Sarojadevi accusing her of infidelity.
The angry wife then allegedly beat the man blue and black using a wooden rod and pushed him out of the house.
A case of murder was registered with police against Sarojadevi by relatives of the deceased after Shashikant was declared dead by authorities in hospital, where he was rushed to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!