Woman beats husband to death over infidelity
Pune: A 56-year-old man was clubbed to death allegedly by his wife, who was enraged over being suspected of infidelity here, police said on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old woman, arrested on Tuesday following the incident at Khadki area here, used a wooden log meant for washing clothes, to beat her husband-Shashikant Pillay-who had returned home in an inebriated state.
According to police, an altercation ensued between the couple after Shashikant started a quarrel with Sarojadevi accusing her of infidelity.
The angry wife then allegedly beat the man blue and black using a wooden rod and pushed him out of the house.
A case of murder was registered with police against Sarojadevi by relatives of the deceased after Shashikant was declared dead by authorities in hospital, where he was rushed to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users