Woman beats husband to death over infidelity
Pune: A 56-year-old man was clubbed to death allegedly by his wife, who was enraged over being suspected of infidelity here, police said on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old woman, arrested on Tuesday following the incident at Khadki area here, used a wooden log meant for washing clothes, to beat her husband-Shashikant Pillay-who had returned home in an inebriated state.
According to police, an altercation ensued between the couple after Shashikant started a quarrel with Sarojadevi accusing her of infidelity.
The angry wife then allegedly beat the man blue and black using a wooden rod and pushed him out of the house.
A case of murder was registered with police against Sarojadevi by relatives of the deceased after Shashikant was declared dead by authorities in hospital, where he was rushed to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note