Woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
Thane: In a gruesome incident, breasts of a 24-year-old woman were allegedly chopped off by three persons including a woman brothel keeper in Bhiwandi town here, after she refused to get into flesh trade, police said on Sunday.
The 34-year-old brothel operator identified as Ruby, was arrested on Saturday, while two males- Alam and Afraz- who were also part of the crime that took place on March 19, are still at large, police said.
"The victim, who had been trafficked from Gujarat to the powerloom town (Bhiwandi) and was sold to the brothel, was forced into flesh trade," Police Inspector Rajan Saste of Kumbharwada-Bhiwandi city police station told PTI.
However, when she refused to follow the orders of the brothel operator, her breasts were chopped off, he said.
According to him, the woman was even branded and several of her teeth were broken by the accused.
She was later rescued by some people and was taken to IGM Hospital in Bhiwandi, but was later shifted to Thane District Civil Hospital.
Police said that the woman is not in a position to speak due to mental trauma and torture.
The police have booked the trio under various sections of the IPC, including section 325 (punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt) and 370 (buying or disposing of any person as a slave).
The arrested brothel keeper was produced before the local magistrate, who remanded her into police custody till March 25, police said adding that further investigation into the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?