Woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
Thane: In a gruesome incident, breasts of a 24-year-old woman were allegedly chopped off by three persons including a woman brothel keeper in Bhiwandi town here, after she refused to get into flesh trade, police said on Sunday.
The 34-year-old brothel operator identified as Ruby, was arrested on Saturday, while two males- Alam and Afraz- who were also part of the crime that took place on March 19, are still at large, police said.
"The victim, who had been trafficked from Gujarat to the powerloom town (Bhiwandi) and was sold to the brothel, was forced into flesh trade," Police Inspector Rajan Saste of Kumbharwada-Bhiwandi city police station told PTI.
However, when she refused to follow the orders of the brothel operator, her breasts were chopped off, he said.
According to him, the woman was even branded and several of her teeth were broken by the accused.
She was later rescued by some people and was taken to IGM Hospital in Bhiwandi, but was later shifted to Thane District Civil Hospital.
Police said that the woman is not in a position to speak due to mental trauma and torture.
The police have booked the trio under various sections of the IPC, including section 325 (punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt) and 370 (buying or disposing of any person as a slave).
The arrested brothel keeper was produced before the local magistrate, who remanded her into police custody till March 25, police said adding that further investigation into the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown