Woman commuter hands Rs 1 lakh found on train to authorities
Thane: A woman commuter stumbled upon a bag containing Rs one lakh in a suburban train this morning and promptly handed it over to the Thane station manager.
Priya Prakash Sawant (30) boarded the general compartment of a local train at Ambernath station to go to Mumbai, Thane station manager N Mahidhar said.
At Ulhasnagar, a commuter carrying a bag boarded the same compartment as the woman, along with other fellow commuters.
When the train arrived at Dombivili station, the man alighted leaving the bag behind, he said.
Priya, a resident of Lower Parel in central Mumbai, and another passenger Ganesh Patil, examined the bag and found Rs one lakh cash in it, but there were no documents to establish the identity of the person.
When the train arrived at Thane station, the two got down and went to station manager Mahidhar`s office and handed him the bag.
Mahidhar, while appreciating the alertness and honesty of the two commuters, said the Central Railway authorities would try to ascertain the identity of the person who left the bag, adding that the cash currency contained the labels of SBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'