Woman commuter hands Rs 1 lakh found on train to authorities
Thane: A woman commuter stumbled upon a bag containing Rs one lakh in a suburban train this morning and promptly handed it over to the Thane station manager.
Priya Prakash Sawant (30) boarded the general compartment of a local train at Ambernath station to go to Mumbai, Thane station manager N Mahidhar said.
At Ulhasnagar, a commuter carrying a bag boarded the same compartment as the woman, along with other fellow commuters.
When the train arrived at Dombivili station, the man alighted leaving the bag behind, he said.
Priya, a resident of Lower Parel in central Mumbai, and another passenger Ganesh Patil, examined the bag and found Rs one lakh cash in it, but there were no documents to establish the identity of the person.
When the train arrived at Thane station, the two got down and went to station manager Mahidhar`s office and handed him the bag.
Mahidhar, while appreciating the alertness and honesty of the two commuters, said the Central Railway authorities would try to ascertain the identity of the person who left the bag, adding that the cash currency contained the labels of SBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals