Woman commuter hands Rs 1 lakh found on train to authorities
Thane: A woman commuter stumbled upon a bag containing Rs one lakh in a suburban train this morning and promptly handed it over to the Thane station manager.
Priya Prakash Sawant (30) boarded the general compartment of a local train at Ambernath station to go to Mumbai, Thane station manager N Mahidhar said.
At Ulhasnagar, a commuter carrying a bag boarded the same compartment as the woman, along with other fellow commuters.
When the train arrived at Dombivili station, the man alighted leaving the bag behind, he said.
Priya, a resident of Lower Parel in central Mumbai, and another passenger Ganesh Patil, examined the bag and found Rs one lakh cash in it, but there were no documents to establish the identity of the person.
When the train arrived at Thane station, the two got down and went to station manager Mahidhar`s office and handed him the bag.
Mahidhar, while appreciating the alertness and honesty of the two commuters, said the Central Railway authorities would try to ascertain the identity of the person who left the bag, adding that the cash currency contained the labels of SBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH