Woman commuter hands Rs 1 lakh found on train to authorities
Thane: A woman commuter stumbled upon a bag containing Rs one lakh in a suburban train this morning and promptly handed it over to the Thane station manager.
Priya Prakash Sawant (30) boarded the general compartment of a local train at Ambernath station to go to Mumbai, Thane station manager N Mahidhar said.
At Ulhasnagar, a commuter carrying a bag boarded the same compartment as the woman, along with other fellow commuters.
When the train arrived at Dombivili station, the man alighted leaving the bag behind, he said.
Priya, a resident of Lower Parel in central Mumbai, and another passenger Ganesh Patil, examined the bag and found Rs one lakh cash in it, but there were no documents to establish the identity of the person.
When the train arrived at Thane station, the two got down and went to station manager Mahidhar`s office and handed him the bag.
Mahidhar, while appreciating the alertness and honesty of the two commuters, said the Central Railway authorities would try to ascertain the identity of the person who left the bag, adding that the cash currency contained the labels of SBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre