Woman, daughter commit suicide over domestic row
Thane: Barely a few hours after her minor daughter committed suicide at a lake in Vasai over a domestic dispute, a woman also killed herself by jumping into the waters, police said here on Monday.
According to police, Laxmi N Patil (50) and her 17-year-old daughter Padma, residents of Sativali in Vasai, would frequently quarrel over petty issues.
On Saturday night both of them had a quarrel and the girl left her home on Sunday morning.
However, concerned about her daughter, Laxmi started looking for Padma and reached the lake near Gaondevi temple, where she spotted her belongings lying scattered, police said.
Presuming that Padma had committed suicide, the distressed woman also ended her life by jumping into the same lake, police said.
Their bodies were later fished out by the local fishermen and were sent for the post-mortem.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs