Woman, daughter commit suicide over domestic row
Thane: Barely a few hours after her minor daughter committed suicide at a lake in Vasai over a domestic dispute, a woman also killed herself by jumping into the waters, police said here on Monday.
According to police, Laxmi N Patil (50) and her 17-year-old daughter Padma, residents of Sativali in Vasai, would frequently quarrel over petty issues.
On Saturday night both of them had a quarrel and the girl left her home on Sunday morning.
However, concerned about her daughter, Laxmi started looking for Padma and reached the lake near Gaondevi temple, where she spotted her belongings lying scattered, police said.
Presuming that Padma had committed suicide, the distressed woman also ended her life by jumping into the same lake, police said.
Their bodies were later fished out by the local fishermen and were sent for the post-mortem.
A case of accidental death has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred