Woman files rape plaint as man fails to turn up for marriage
Nagpur: A woman filed a complaint of rape and cheating against a man and his family after they failed to turn up for the wedding scheduled for the couple, police said today.
Vijay Madan Pillay (30), an Army jawan, was in love with the 29-year-old woman, who is now five months` pregnant, and had allegedly maintained sexual relationship with her for the last five years while promising to marry her, police said.
Yesterday, the couple was scheduled to get married in the city, but the groom and his family did not turn up for the wedding ceremony.
The woman`s family, residing in Gattigudam area of the city, tried to locate them, failing which they lodged a complaint against Vijay and his family at Sardar police station here.
Police said offences under relevant sections including rape and cheating were registered against Vijay and his family members.
Incidentally, Pillays had lodged a complaint with police two days back that the woman was already married and that they were cheated by her.
Further investigation was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS