Woman files rape plaint as man fails to turn up for marriage
Nagpur: A woman filed a complaint of rape and cheating against a man and his family after they failed to turn up for the wedding scheduled for the couple, police said today.
Vijay Madan Pillay (30), an Army jawan, was in love with the 29-year-old woman, who is now five months` pregnant, and had allegedly maintained sexual relationship with her for the last five years while promising to marry her, police said.
Yesterday, the couple was scheduled to get married in the city, but the groom and his family did not turn up for the wedding ceremony.
The woman`s family, residing in Gattigudam area of the city, tried to locate them, failing which they lodged a complaint against Vijay and his family at Sardar police station here.
Police said offences under relevant sections including rape and cheating were registered against Vijay and his family members.
Incidentally, Pillays had lodged a complaint with police two days back that the woman was already married and that they were cheated by her.
Further investigation was on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?