Woman gang-raped by unidentified men in Thane`s Bhiwandi
Thane: A recently married woman was allegedly gang-raped by three unidentified persons in Thane district`s Bhiwandi town, police said on Monday.
The woman, around 20 years of age and hailing from Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh, got married in May this year.
The couple had come to live with the husband`s father, a powerloom worker, at Mithpada chawl in Bhiwandi about a week back, Nizampura assistant police inspector Tilani Sayyed said.
When the couple was asleep in the wee hours yesterday, the three men barged into their house at around 1 AM and beat them up.
The three accused, around 25-30 years of age, then forcibly took the woman`s husband outside the house and later gang-raped her, he said.
The trio also robbed the woman`s jewellery worth about Rs 15,000, he said.
Offences have been registered under sections 376(d) (rape), 452 (house-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint) and 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) of the IPC, the API said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!