Woman jumps into well with two daughters in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 28-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping into a village well along with her two minor daughters in Maharashtra`s Nanded district early Friday, police said.
The bodies of Savita Sable and her daughters, four-year-old Vidya and two-year-old Durga, were fished out of the well in Dhanegaon village, around 15 km from the district headquarters town of Nanded.
The woman was depressed and sneaked out of her home with her two daughters early Friday, according to an official from Nanded`s rural police station.
The police have registered a case of suicide. "During preliminary investigation, we could not find any suicide note. The family members started searching for the the woman and the girls when they were not found in the house early Friday," the police official told a news agency.
Later, their bodies were found floating in the village well.
"We are questioning the family members and neighbours. However, the reason for Savita`s depression is not known yet. Neighbours have also not confirmed any family fights or discord," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption