Woman jumps into well with two daughters in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 28-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping into a village well along with her two minor daughters in Maharashtra`s Nanded district early Friday, police said.
The bodies of Savita Sable and her daughters, four-year-old Vidya and two-year-old Durga, were fished out of the well in Dhanegaon village, around 15 km from the district headquarters town of Nanded.
The woman was depressed and sneaked out of her home with her two daughters early Friday, according to an official from Nanded`s rural police station.
The police have registered a case of suicide. "During preliminary investigation, we could not find any suicide note. The family members started searching for the the woman and the girls when they were not found in the house early Friday," the police official told a news agency.
Later, their bodies were found floating in the village well.
"We are questioning the family members and neighbours. However, the reason for Savita`s depression is not known yet. Neighbours have also not confirmed any family fights or discord," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda