Woman jumps into well with two daughters in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 28-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping into a village well along with her two minor daughters in Maharashtra`s Nanded district early Friday, police said.
The bodies of Savita Sable and her daughters, four-year-old Vidya and two-year-old Durga, were fished out of the well in Dhanegaon village, around 15 km from the district headquarters town of Nanded.
The woman was depressed and sneaked out of her home with her two daughters early Friday, according to an official from Nanded`s rural police station.
The police have registered a case of suicide. "During preliminary investigation, we could not find any suicide note. The family members started searching for the the woman and the girls when they were not found in the house early Friday," the police official told a news agency.
Later, their bodies were found floating in the village well.
"We are questioning the family members and neighbours. However, the reason for Savita`s depression is not known yet. Neighbours have also not confirmed any family fights or discord," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?