Woman jumps into well with two daughters in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 28-year-old woman committed suicide by jumping into a village well along with her two minor daughters in Maharashtra`s Nanded district early Friday, police said.
The bodies of Savita Sable and her daughters, four-year-old Vidya and two-year-old Durga, were fished out of the well in Dhanegaon village, around 15 km from the district headquarters town of Nanded.
The woman was depressed and sneaked out of her home with her two daughters early Friday, according to an official from Nanded`s rural police station.
The police have registered a case of suicide. "During preliminary investigation, we could not find any suicide note. The family members started searching for the the woman and the girls when they were not found in the house early Friday," the police official told a news agency.
Later, their bodies were found floating in the village well.
"We are questioning the family members and neighbours. However, the reason for Savita`s depression is not known yet. Neighbours have also not confirmed any family fights or discord," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling