Woman killed by drunkard nephew for refusing money
Thane: A 59-year-old woman was bludgeoned to death allegedly by her drunkard nephew after she refused to give him money to buy alcohol, police said on Friday.
According to API Anil Gopal of Bhayander police station, victim Rosemary Chettiar was found lying in a pool of blood by her daughter in their Niraj Park flat here last evening.
A close examination revealed that gold ornaments worn by the woman, valued over Rs two lakh, were also missing, police said.
Accused Mocha M Chettiar (34) had approached Rosemary for money to buy liquor. After being refused, he attacked her with a hard and blunt object due to which she died on the spot. He then fled the scene with her jewellery.
Police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against the jobless accused, who is at large and a hunt has been launched to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog