Woman killed by drunkard nephew for refusing money
Thane: A 59-year-old woman was bludgeoned to death allegedly by her drunkard nephew after she refused to give him money to buy alcohol, police said Friday.
According to API Anil Gopal of Bhayander police station, victim Rosemary Chettiar was found lying in a pool of blood by her daughter in their Niraj Park flat here last evening.
A close examination revealed that gold ornaments worn by the woman, valued over Rs two lakh, were also missing, police said.
Accused Mocha M Chettiar (34) had approached Rosemary for money to buy liquor. After being refused, he attacked her with a hard and blunt object due to which she died on the spot. He then fled the scene with her jewellery.
Police have registered a case under various sections of the IPC against the jobless accused, who is at large and a hunt has been launched to nab him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?