Woman killed in leopard attack in Thane
Thane: A 35-year-old woman was mauled by a leopard in the Tansa sanctuary of the district, police said Friday.
The woman, Durga, succumbed to her wounds on way to civil hospital.
At around 3 PM yesterday, when Durga, along with her son and husband, was resting in a hut in Tansa sanctuary, the big cat entered the premises and dragged her out.
Hearing her screams, the locals rushed to the spot and chased the animal, but by then the leopard had severely wounded the woman, police said.
The victim was taken to the local government hospital from where she was being shifted to the district civil hospital when she died, they added.
This is the second incident of a leopard attack in the last 10 days. On July 16, seven-year-old girl Sanjana Thorat was eaten up by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’