Woman killed in leopard attack in Thane
Thane: A 35-year-old woman was mauled by a leopard in the Tansa sanctuary of the district, police said Friday.
The woman, Durga, succumbed to her wounds on way to civil hospital.
At around 3 PM yesterday, when Durga, along with her son and husband, was resting in a hut in Tansa sanctuary, the big cat entered the premises and dragged her out.
Hearing her screams, the locals rushed to the spot and chased the animal, but by then the leopard had severely wounded the woman, police said.
The victim was taken to the local government hospital from where she was being shifted to the district civil hospital when she died, they added.
This is the second incident of a leopard attack in the last 10 days. On July 16, seven-year-old girl Sanjana Thorat was eaten up by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal