Woman killed in leopard attack in Thane
Thane: A 35-year-old woman was mauled by a leopard in the Tansa sanctuary of the district, police said Friday.
The woman, Durga, succumbed to her wounds on way to civil hospital.
At around 3 PM yesterday, when Durga, along with her son and husband, was resting in a hut in Tansa sanctuary, the big cat entered the premises and dragged her out.
Hearing her screams, the locals rushed to the spot and chased the animal, but by then the leopard had severely wounded the woman, police said.
The victim was taken to the local government hospital from where she was being shifted to the district civil hospital when she died, they added.
This is the second incident of a leopard attack in the last 10 days. On July 16, seven-year-old girl Sanjana Thorat was eaten up by a leopard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown