Woman lawyer killed for behaving rudely in Mumbai
Mumbai: A young advocate daughter of an IAS couple was on Thursday found murdered at her rented flat in Wadala of Central Mumbai, police said.
Pallavi Purkayastha (25), whose IAS parents stay in Delhi, was found in a pool of blood at her rented flat (number 1601) on sixteenth floor of Himalayan Heights building this morning by her live-in partner Avik Sengupta (26), also a lawyer by profession, Additional Police Commissioner Praveen Salunkhe said.
"Pallavi`s body has multiple stab injuries. The scene of crime indicates Pallavi struggled to save self. When Avik returned home this morning he found that the door was slightly opened," he said.
According to police, Avik returned home from work at around 5:30 am and entered the apartment as the door was slightly opened only to find the blood-soaked body of Pallavi with her throat slit, following which he informed the police.
Pallavi and Avik worked at different firms, police said.
Pallavi`s body was shifted to nearby Sion hospital for postmortem, police said, adding some CCTVs installed in the building were not functional.
"A person who knew Pallavi well might be involved in the crime," suspected an officer.
Besides Avik, the watchmen of the building, liftman and hawkers in the area are being questioned by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened