Woman molested at New Year bash in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 29-year-old married woman was allegedly molested by a drunken man while celebrating the New Year at a beach crowded with revellers in suburban Juhu, police said on Tuesday.
The accused was subsequently arrested, they said.
The victim and her husband were celebrating at the Juhu Chowpatty as the New Year ushered in. At about 1.30 AM, the accused, Hyder Ali, who was a part of the crowd at the beach, touched the victim inappropriately, police said.
"Her husband immediately reported the incident to policemen deployed at the beach," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector of Santacruz police station.
The accused was subsequently caught and taken to police station, where he was arrested for molesting the woman and charged under section 354 of the IPC.
Ali was produced before a local court today where he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail