Woman molested at New Year bash in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 29-year-old married woman was allegedly molested by a drunken man while celebrating the New Year at a beach crowded with revellers in suburban Juhu, police said on Tuesday.
The accused was subsequently arrested, they said.
The victim and her husband were celebrating at the Juhu Chowpatty as the New Year ushered in. At about 1.30 AM, the accused, Hyder Ali, who was a part of the crowd at the beach, touched the victim inappropriately, police said.
"Her husband immediately reported the incident to policemen deployed at the beach," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector of Santacruz police station.
The accused was subsequently caught and taken to police station, where he was arrested for molesting the woman and charged under section 354 of the IPC.
Ali was produced before a local court today where he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal