Woman molested at New Year bash in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 29-year-old married woman was allegedly molested by a drunken man while celebrating the New Year at a beach crowded with revellers in suburban Juhu, police said on Tuesday.
The accused was subsequently arrested, they said.
The victim and her husband were celebrating at the Juhu Chowpatty as the New Year ushered in. At about 1.30 AM, the accused, Hyder Ali, who was a part of the crowd at the beach, touched the victim inappropriately, police said.
"Her husband immediately reported the incident to policemen deployed at the beach," said Arun Chavan, senior inspector of Santacruz police station.
The accused was subsequently caught and taken to police station, where he was arrested for molesting the woman and charged under section 354 of the IPC.
Ali was produced before a local court today where he was granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore