Woman Naxalite remanded to police custody
Nagpur: A woman Naxalite Angela alias Iskra Sontakke who was arrested by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Pune and subsequently brought to Gadchiroli district in
Maharashtra, has been remanded to police custody till June 30.
Angela was produced before Judicial Magistrate First
Class (JMFC) yesterday in Kurkheda taluka HQ in the district
for number of offences committed in Korchi taluka of the
naxal-hit region earlier.
She was rounded up by ATS in Pune on April 26. Later on,
a team of officials raided various places in Mumbai, Thane and
Chandwad, and siezed one laptop and other documents.
ATS had also arrested five others identified as Sushma
Ramteke, Mayuri Bhagat, Anuradha Sonule, Jyoti Chorge and
During interrogation and investigation, police came to
know of her active involvement in naxal violence in Korchi and
Kurkheda taluka places.
Gadchiroli Police are investigating her involvement in
offences in the district, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB