Woman Naxalite remanded to police custody
Nagpur: A woman Naxalite Angela alias Iskra Sontakke who was arrested by Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) from Pune and subsequently brought to Gadchiroli district in
Maharashtra, has been remanded to police custody till June 30.
Angela was produced before Judicial Magistrate First
Class (JMFC) yesterday in Kurkheda taluka HQ in the district
for number of offences committed in Korchi taluka of the
naxal-hit region earlier.
She was rounded up by ATS in Pune on April 26. Later on,
a team of officials raided various places in Mumbai, Thane and
Chandwad, and siezed one laptop and other documents.
ATS had also arrested five others identified as Sushma
Ramteke, Mayuri Bhagat, Anuradha Sonule, Jyoti Chorge and
During interrogation and investigation, police came to
know of her active involvement in naxal violence in Korchi and
Kurkheda taluka places.
Gadchiroli Police are investigating her involvement in
offences in the district, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Poland beat Switzerland in a nail-biting penalty shoot out
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US