Woman public prosecutor arrested for taking bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor from the Thane district court was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a complainant in the court, ACB officials said on Sunday.
Radha Parekh registered a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau that assistant public prosecutor Sandhya Bacchav allegedly demanded money for appearing in a case in court.
Based on it, the ACB laid a trap and caught the public prosecutor while she was allegedly accepting the bribe from the complainant in the court premises last evening, Thane unit`s ACB officials said.
She was arrested and a case was registered against her with the Thane Nagar police station under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees