Woman public prosecutor arrested for taking bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor from the Thane district court was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a complainant in the court, ACB officials said on Sunday.
Radha Parekh registered a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau that assistant public prosecutor Sandhya Bacchav allegedly demanded money for appearing in a case in court.
Based on it, the ACB laid a trap and caught the public prosecutor while she was allegedly accepting the bribe from the complainant in the court premises last evening, Thane unit`s ACB officials said.
She was arrested and a case was registered against her with the Thane Nagar police station under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkish military promotes 99 colonels in shake-up, top brass little changed
- Bank strike hits operations; branches open full day tomorrow
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene