Woman public prosecutor arrested for taking bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor from the Thane district court was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a complainant in the court, ACB officials said on Sunday.
Radha Parekh registered a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau that assistant public prosecutor Sandhya Bacchav allegedly demanded money for appearing in a case in court.
Based on it, the ACB laid a trap and caught the public prosecutor while she was allegedly accepting the bribe from the complainant in the court premises last evening, Thane unit`s ACB officials said.
She was arrested and a case was registered against her with the Thane Nagar police station under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore