Woman public prosecutor arrested for taking bribe
Thane: A woman public prosecutor from the Thane district court was arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a complainant in the court, ACB officials said on Sunday.
Radha Parekh registered a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Bureau that assistant public prosecutor Sandhya Bacchav allegedly demanded money for appearing in a case in court.
Based on it, the ACB laid a trap and caught the public prosecutor while she was allegedly accepting the bribe from the complainant in the court premises last evening, Thane unit`s ACB officials said.
She was arrested and a case was registered against her with the Thane Nagar police station under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row