Woman raped by son`s friend in Pune
Pune: A 40-year-old woman was allegedly
raped by a friend of her son, who has been arrested, police
The 24-year-old accused was arrested following a
complaint filed by the woman at Chinchwad police station,
officials said today.
According to the complaint, the accused called on the
woman at her residence saying her son was lying in an
inebriated condition on the nearby Ravet road. He then took
the anxious woman in his car to get the boy and raped her by
parking the vehicle at a remote spot on Tuesday, police
The woman was dropped back to her house by the accused,
who told her to keep mum, they said.
The incident comes a fortnight after two cases of
gangrape involving a married woman and a 19-year-old girl,
allegedly by two Army jawans, were reported.
The increasing number of rape cases came up in the
ongoing session of state legislature with the opposition
demanding ouster of Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46