Woman set ablaze by lover for refusing money in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old woman was set ablaze by
her lover here on New Year`s Day after she turned down his demand for money, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when accused Aftab Khan
poured kerosene on Jaispal Khan and set her on fire at her residence in suburban Mankhurd, after she refused him money, they said.
The woman sustained 95 per cent burn injuries and was rushed to Sion hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
"Jaispal, a fish seller, was married to Javed Khan seven
years ago but she was not staying with her husband and was having an affair with the accused for past four years," police said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder against
Aftab and launched a manhunt to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar