Woman set ablaze by lover for refusing money in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old woman was set ablaze by
her lover here on New Year`s Day after she turned down his demand for money, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when accused Aftab Khan
poured kerosene on Jaispal Khan and set her on fire at her residence in suburban Mankhurd, after she refused him money, they said.
The woman sustained 95 per cent burn injuries and was rushed to Sion hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
"Jaispal, a fish seller, was married to Javed Khan seven
years ago but she was not staying with her husband and was having an affair with the accused for past four years," police said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder against
Aftab and launched a manhunt to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police