Woman set ablaze by lover for refusing money in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old woman was set ablaze by
her lover here on New Year`s Day after she turned down his demand for money, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when accused Aftab Khan
poured kerosene on Jaispal Khan and set her on fire at her residence in suburban Mankhurd, after she refused him money, they said.
The woman sustained 95 per cent burn injuries and was rushed to Sion hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
"Jaispal, a fish seller, was married to Javed Khan seven
years ago but she was not staying with her husband and was having an affair with the accused for past four years," police said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder against
Aftab and launched a manhunt to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31