Woman set ablaze by lover for refusing money in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old woman was set ablaze by
her lover here on New Year`s Day after she turned down his demand for money, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when accused Aftab Khan
poured kerosene on Jaispal Khan and set her on fire at her residence in suburban Mankhurd, after she refused him money, they said.
The woman sustained 95 per cent burn injuries and was rushed to Sion hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
"Jaispal, a fish seller, was married to Javed Khan seven
years ago but she was not staying with her husband and was having an affair with the accused for past four years," police said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder against
Aftab and launched a manhunt to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali