Woman set ablaze by lover for refusing money in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old woman was set ablaze by
her lover here on New Year`s Day after she turned down his demand for money, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday when accused Aftab Khan
poured kerosene on Jaispal Khan and set her on fire at her residence in suburban Mankhurd, after she refused him money, they said.
The woman sustained 95 per cent burn injuries and was rushed to Sion hospital, where she is undergoing treatment.
"Jaispal, a fish seller, was married to Javed Khan seven
years ago but she was not staying with her husband and was having an affair with the accused for past four years," police said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder against
Aftab and launched a manhunt to arrest him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion