Woman set afire over trivial fight in Mumbai
Mumbai: In a trivial case of animosity, a 48-year-old woman was set afire by two of her neighbours in central Mumbai, police said Friday.
"The victim, Sitabai Alkunte, had a tiff with two women over a trivial matter in the same slum. The two accused - Moni and Suman - went to her hut Thursday, poured oil over her and set her on fire," a police officer told IANS Friday.
The victim, who has suffered 90 percent burns, confirmed the same while giving her statement to police late Thursday night. She is under critical medical care.
Police said Alkunte and her daughter Soni, 20, had regular fights with these women. However, this time the fight took an ugly turn.
"The name of Mahesh Kale, a relative of the two women, has also surfaced in setting afire the woman. We will question him and the two accused," Mandurke said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi