Woman set afire over trivial fight in Mumbai
Mumbai: In a trivial case of animosity, a 48-year-old woman was set afire by two of her neighbours in central Mumbai, police said Friday.
"The victim, Sitabai Alkunte, had a tiff with two women over a trivial matter in the same slum. The two accused - Moni and Suman - went to her hut Thursday, poured oil over her and set her on fire," a police officer told IANS Friday.
The victim, who has suffered 90 percent burns, confirmed the same while giving her statement to police late Thursday night. She is under critical medical care.
Police said Alkunte and her daughter Soni, 20, had regular fights with these women. However, this time the fight took an ugly turn.
"The name of Mahesh Kale, a relative of the two women, has also surfaced in setting afire the woman. We will question him and the two accused," Mandurke said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country