Woman set afire over trivial fight in Mumbai
Mumbai: In a trivial case of animosity, a 48-year-old woman was set afire by two of her neighbours in central Mumbai, police said Friday.
"The victim, Sitabai Alkunte, had a tiff with two women over a trivial matter in the same slum. The two accused - Moni and Suman - went to her hut Thursday, poured oil over her and set her on fire," a police officer told IANS Friday.
The victim, who has suffered 90 percent burns, confirmed the same while giving her statement to police late Thursday night. She is under critical medical care.
Police said Alkunte and her daughter Soni, 20, had regular fights with these women. However, this time the fight took an ugly turn.
"The name of Mahesh Kale, a relative of the two women, has also surfaced in setting afire the woman. We will question him and the two accused," Mandurke said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble