Woman succumbs to swine flu in Nashik
Nashik: In the first such death of this monsoon season, a 42-year-old woman died of swine flu at a hospital here, officials said on Sunday.
Manda Chandrakant Chatona, a resident of Savarkar Nagar area, was admitted to the ICU of the civil hospital here on August 15 where she succumbed to her illness yesterday, medical officer GR Phadanvis said.
She was earlier being treated at Satpur`s EDI hospital for flu-like symptoms and her blood sample was tested positive for swine flu at Pune`s National Institute of Virology, he said.
Phadanvis added that some more patients suspected to be suffering from swine flu were being treated at the hospital but their condition is fine.
Asserting the situation was under control, Phadanvis appealed to the people not to get panicked and said the hospital has been having a separate ward to treat swine flu patients for past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations