Woman succumbs to Swine Flu in Pune
Pune: A 48-year-old woman died of H1N1 virus
infection here, the first Swine Flu death in the city since
April last year.
The woman, who developed cough and breathlessness tested
positive for H1N1 on March 12 and subsequently succumbed to
the virus in a hospital here last night after being put on
According to health officials, the deceased was recorded
as the first Swine flu death in the city since April 2011.
Meanwhile, about 20 cases of the infection have been
reported from different parts of the city out of which five
patients are stated to be in a serious condition needing
Dr Pradip Awte, the State Surveillance officer, said
anti-Swine Flu measures and scanning was being stepped up in
view of the fresh reported cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends