Women kidnap man for ransom
Thane: Thane police have filed a case against four women from Ulhasnagar in the district for abducting a man for ransom and assaulting him.
Assistant Police Inspector Ram Divekar said that on October 9, the victim Rahul Pawar (52) was called by a woman called Bhima B Pawar (52) for `urgent meeting` at Camp Number 1.
From there, he was taken to another place, where three other women were waiting for him.
The women allegedly took away his car keys, mobile phone, and demanded Rs 1 lakh.
He was taken to an ATM centre and forced to withdraw Rs 15,000. Also, he was made to sign to blank cheques.
They also assaulted him and `took a picture`, he later told the police.
After suffering the ordeal for nearly seven hours, he was released with a warning not to go to the police.
Pawar said initially he did not want to approach the police, but the accused started blackmailing him, so he filed the complaint.
Apart from Bhima Pawar, other three women were yet to be identified. No arrest has been made.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- DNA : How forest fire is melting Himalayan glaciers?
- Govt targets Rs 64,580 cr revenue in FY17 from spectrum sale
- Seven Indian shuttlers set to qualify for Rio Olympics
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President