Women kidnap man for ransom
Thane: Thane police have filed a case against four women from Ulhasnagar in the district for abducting a man for ransom and assaulting him.
Assistant Police Inspector Ram Divekar said that on October 9, the victim Rahul Pawar (52) was called by a woman called Bhima B Pawar (52) for `urgent meeting` at Camp Number 1.
From there, he was taken to another place, where three other women were waiting for him.
The women allegedly took away his car keys, mobile phone, and demanded Rs 1 lakh.
He was taken to an ATM centre and forced to withdraw Rs 15,000. Also, he was made to sign to blank cheques.
They also assaulted him and `took a picture`, he later told the police.
After suffering the ordeal for nearly seven hours, he was released with a warning not to go to the police.
Pawar said initially he did not want to approach the police, but the accused started blackmailing him, so he filed the complaint.
Apart from Bhima Pawar, other three women were yet to be identified. No arrest has been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack