Women panel`s chief to meet Mumbai gang-rape victim
Mumbai: National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Mamta Sharma will on Thursday meet the photojournalist who was last week gangraped in Mumbai and also inquire with police about the progress made by them in the case.
"NCW has taken serious note of the incident. Its chairperson is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday to speak to policemen involved in the investigation," a police officer said on Tuesday.
Sharma will visit the 23-year-old victim of the crime, who is undergoing treatment at Jaslok Hospital.
She was allegedly raped on August 22 by five men on the premises of the defunct Shakti Mills in the city`s Mahalaxmi area. All the accused have been arrested.
NCW has formed a three-member panel to probe the case. Nirmala Prabhavalkar, who is heading the panel, had on Sunday visited the scene of the crime as part of her probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof