Women panel`s chief to meet Mumbai gang-rape victim
Mumbai: National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Mamta Sharma will on Thursday meet the photojournalist who was last week gangraped in Mumbai and also inquire with police about the progress made by them in the case.
"NCW has taken serious note of the incident. Its chairperson is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday to speak to policemen involved in the investigation," a police officer said on Tuesday.
Sharma will visit the 23-year-old victim of the crime, who is undergoing treatment at Jaslok Hospital.
She was allegedly raped on August 22 by five men on the premises of the defunct Shakti Mills in the city`s Mahalaxmi area. All the accused have been arrested.
NCW has formed a three-member panel to probe the case. Nirmala Prabhavalkar, who is heading the panel, had on Sunday visited the scene of the crime as part of her probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre