Women panel`s chief to meet Mumbai gang-rape victim
Mumbai: National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Mamta Sharma will on Thursday meet the photojournalist who was last week gangraped in Mumbai and also inquire with police about the progress made by them in the case.
"NCW has taken serious note of the incident. Its chairperson is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday to speak to policemen involved in the investigation," a police officer said on Tuesday.
Sharma will visit the 23-year-old victim of the crime, who is undergoing treatment at Jaslok Hospital.
She was allegedly raped on August 22 by five men on the premises of the defunct Shakti Mills in the city`s Mahalaxmi area. All the accused have been arrested.
NCW has formed a three-member panel to probe the case. Nirmala Prabhavalkar, who is heading the panel, had on Sunday visited the scene of the crime as part of her probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference