Women panel`s chief to meet Mumbai gang-rape victim
Mumbai: National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Mamta Sharma will on Thursday meet the photojournalist who was last week gangraped in Mumbai and also inquire with police about the progress made by them in the case.
"NCW has taken serious note of the incident. Its chairperson is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday to speak to policemen involved in the investigation," a police officer said on Tuesday.
Sharma will visit the 23-year-old victim of the crime, who is undergoing treatment at Jaslok Hospital.
She was allegedly raped on August 22 by five men on the premises of the defunct Shakti Mills in the city`s Mahalaxmi area. All the accused have been arrested.
NCW has formed a three-member panel to probe the case. Nirmala Prabhavalkar, who is heading the panel, had on Sunday visited the scene of the crime as part of her probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway