Women panel`s chief to meet Mumbai gang-rape victim
Mumbai: National Commission for Women (NCW) Chairperson Mamta Sharma will on Thursday meet the photojournalist who was last week gangraped in Mumbai and also inquire with police about the progress made by them in the case.
"NCW has taken serious note of the incident. Its chairperson is scheduled to visit Mumbai on Thursday to speak to policemen involved in the investigation," a police officer said on Tuesday.
Sharma will visit the 23-year-old victim of the crime, who is undergoing treatment at Jaslok Hospital.
She was allegedly raped on August 22 by five men on the premises of the defunct Shakti Mills in the city`s Mahalaxmi area. All the accused have been arrested.
NCW has formed a three-member panel to probe the case. Nirmala Prabhavalkar, who is heading the panel, had on Sunday visited the scene of the crime as part of her probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj