‘Women protection laws are being misused’
Nagpur: `Save Indian Family Foundation` (SIFF), an NGO, has claimed that over five lakh persons had been harassed by the alleged misuse of various women protection laws including the Anti-dowry Law, Domestic Violence Law and Maintenance Act, even as 22 per cent of total
arrested in these cases are women.
Based on the figures provided by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), the NGO that is fighting for the rights of husbands against the alleged misuse of these laws, has
claimed that while these laws are increasingly misused by women, many women themselves are falling prey to it, Rajesh Vakharia, a founder member and president of Nagpur Chapter of
the Foundation told reporters.
"If a woman files a complaint against her husband, his family members including, his mother, sister, sister-in laws and others, are subject to police action in these cases," he
Another NGO, Children`s Rights Initiative for Shared Parenting (CRISP), founded in year 2008, is working on the issue separation of a child from its parents. CRISP is engaged in highlighting the grievances of men deprived of access to their children.
"A father`s involvement in child care can not be substituted by anyone in the world," Vakharia said.
The organisation has demanded setting up of special courts to deal with child custody cases and address problems faced by parents barred from visit to children.
"We are a pro-family, pro-life organisation and want to promote family harmony in the society. The group has members from professionals like software engineers, doctors, teachers,
businessmen and social workers," he said.
`Save Indian Family Foundation` has sister organizations named `All India Mother-in-Law Protection Forum`, `All India Forgotten Women Association` and `Mother and Sister
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing