Women protest outside police station over minor`s rape in Maha
Akola: About 100 women stormed into a police station in the neighbouring Buldhana district demanding stern action against the accused who raped a 12-year-old girl.
The women from Hari File area of Khamgaon tehsil town in Buldhana, along with the rape victim, yesterday gathered at the police station and demanded that severe action be taken against the accused.
They also complained against the civil hospital for discharging the girl on December 31 when she had not recovered from her injuries and was still in pain, police said.
Later, the mob of women also ransacked accused S K Hussain`s (40) house in the village.
On December 30 last year, Hussain had allegedly raped the girl when she had gone out to answer the nature`s call.
Hussain allegedly took the girl to an isolated spot and sexually assaulted her after offering her a Rs 20 note, police said, adding that he dumped her at Jiya Colony after committing the crime.
Hussain was subsequently arrested and has been remanded to police custody, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation