Won`t demolish unauthorised floors in Manav Society: MCGM to HC
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has accepted an undertaking given by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) that at least for three months it would not demolish the alleged unauthorised construction on 21st and 22nd floor of a building in a housing society here.
The undertaking was given to a bench of Justices S C Gupte and K R Sriram which was hearing a petition filed by Manav Kalyan Cooperative Housing Society challenging the demolition notices issued by Municipal Corporation on April 3 and May 30.
By the notices, the civic body had threatened to enter the Society`s premises to demolish its purported unauthorised construction on 21st and 22nd floors of the building.
The Municipal Corporation`s lawyer Shobha Ajithakumar told the court on June 4 that the regularization application, which is pending before the civic body, can be considered if the petitioner submitted an Environment Clearance Certificate from the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
Lawyers of petitioner Society, Mustafa Kachwala along with Rakesh Misar, submitted he requires three months to submit such a certificate.
The Corporation stated that after the certificate is submitted by the petitioner, the regularization application will be considered by it and an appropriate decision will be taken thereon.
The civic body also gave an undertaking that for the next three months it would not carry out its threat to demolish the unauthorised floors being constructed by the Society. Accepting the undertaking, the court disposed of the petition filed by the Society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared