Would contest Raigad LS seat if NCP wants: Tatkare
Thane: Maharashtra water resources minister Sunil Tatkare has said he would contest the Lok Sabha election from Raigad constituency if the NCP wants.
"No doubt that at present the seat is with the Congress. But in the seat adjustments, if it comes to the NCP and if the party directs me to contest the seat, I will be interested in doing so," Tatkare told reporters here Sunday during a function.
Replying to a question on the performance of Aam Aadmi Party, he said within a short span one cannot evaluate AAP and added that equations in Maharashtra were different from that in Delhi.
He said the Congress and NCP will contest the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections together and that his party was firm on contesting 22 seats in Maharashtra.
To a question, he said that a proposed abattoir will not be allowed to come up in Raigad in view of stiff resistance from a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love