Would contest Raigad LS seat if NCP wants: Tatkare
Thane: Maharashtra water resources minister Sunil Tatkare has said he would contest the Lok Sabha election from Raigad constituency if the NCP wants.
"No doubt that at present the seat is with the Congress. But in the seat adjustments, if it comes to the NCP and if the party directs me to contest the seat, I will be interested in doing so," Tatkare told reporters here Sunday during a function.
Replying to a question on the performance of Aam Aadmi Party, he said within a short span one cannot evaluate AAP and added that equations in Maharashtra were different from that in Delhi.
He said the Congress and NCP will contest the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections together and that his party was firm on contesting 22 seats in Maharashtra.
To a question, he said that a proposed abattoir will not be allowed to come up in Raigad in view of stiff resistance from a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing