Would contest Raigad LS seat if NCP wants: Tatkare
Thane: Maharashtra water resources minister Sunil Tatkare has said he would contest the Lok Sabha election from Raigad constituency if the NCP wants.
"No doubt that at present the seat is with the Congress. But in the seat adjustments, if it comes to the NCP and if the party directs me to contest the seat, I will be interested in doing so," Tatkare told reporters here Sunday during a function.
Replying to a question on the performance of Aam Aadmi Party, he said within a short span one cannot evaluate AAP and added that equations in Maharashtra were different from that in Delhi.
He said the Congress and NCP will contest the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections together and that his party was firm on contesting 22 seats in Maharashtra.
To a question, he said that a proposed abattoir will not be allowed to come up in Raigad in view of stiff resistance from a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray