Would reply to Hazare`s letter soon: Maha CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan Friday said he had received the letter written by anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare, which seeks introduction of Lokayukta bill in the state legislature.
"I got the letter late in the evening (yesterday). I will reply to it soon," Chavan told reporters today.
Hazare has said in the letter that if the state
government does not bring in a strong Lokayukta bill in the
winter session, he would launch a fast.
Hazare, whose 12-day fast last month for Lokpal bill
hogged global limelight, has also said that the Lokayukta
should get more powers under the proposed state law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway