Wrong to say Adarsh report accepted only partially: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday said it would be wrong to say that judicial commission`s report on Adarsh Society scam had been accepted "partially" by the Maharashtra government.
"All 13 points in the Adarsh report have been accepted by the government. So, to say that the report has been accepted only partially would be wrong," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
The party welcomed the decision taken by the government, he added.
On BJP leader Kirit Somaiya`s demand that FIRs be lodged against everybody named in the report, Malik said that the matter has already been investigated under a Commission of Enquiry Act and the report has been out.
Pushing for police action even now clearly showed that all Somaiya was interested in was defaming the leaders, he said.
The Congress-NCP government in the state today announced action against bureaucrats indicted in the commission`s report, but let off politicians barring former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur