Wrong to say Adarsh report accepted only partially: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday said it would be wrong to say that judicial commission`s report on Adarsh Society scam had been accepted "partially" by the Maharashtra government.
"All 13 points in the Adarsh report have been accepted by the government. So, to say that the report has been accepted only partially would be wrong," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
The party welcomed the decision taken by the government, he added.
On BJP leader Kirit Somaiya`s demand that FIRs be lodged against everybody named in the report, Malik said that the matter has already been investigated under a Commission of Enquiry Act and the report has been out.
Pushing for police action even now clearly showed that all Somaiya was interested in was defaming the leaders, he said.
The Congress-NCP government in the state today announced action against bureaucrats indicted in the commission`s report, but let off politicians barring former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital