Wrong to say Adarsh report accepted only partially: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday said it would be wrong to say that judicial commission`s report on Adarsh Society scam had been accepted "partially" by the Maharashtra government.
"All 13 points in the Adarsh report have been accepted by the government. So, to say that the report has been accepted only partially would be wrong," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik said here.
The party welcomed the decision taken by the government, he added.
On BJP leader Kirit Somaiya`s demand that FIRs be lodged against everybody named in the report, Malik said that the matter has already been investigated under a Commission of Enquiry Act and the report has been out.
Pushing for police action even now clearly showed that all Somaiya was interested in was defaming the leaders, he said.
The Congress-NCP government in the state today announced action against bureaucrats indicted in the commission`s report, but let off politicians barring former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, saying "no criminality was revealed against them".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...