`Wrongly issued` notice to Hazare withdrawn
Pune: The office of Charity Commissioner,
Pune, has tendered an apology to social activist Anna Hazare
and withdrew a `showcause` notice served on him for not
submitting the audit report of `Hind Swaraj Trust` headed by
him for two years between 2005 and 2007.
In a letter addressed to Hazare, it said the notice was
"wrongly issued" to him by the office as a result of a
clerical error responsible for non-entry of the trust accounts
submitted to the Charity Commissioner in respect of the period
from April 1, 2005 to March 31, 2007.
Milind Pawar, lawyer for Hazare had earlier accused the
Charity Commissioner`s office of a "design to defame" the
anti-corruption crusader by issuing a "false notice" to him
despite proper submission of the trust accounts for the period
"A mere apology is not enough and we are contemplating a
legal course of action against the Charity Commissioner`s
office," Pawar said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'