`Wrongly issued` notice to Hazare withdrawn
Pune: The office of Charity Commissioner,
Pune, has tendered an apology to social activist Anna Hazare
and withdrew a `showcause` notice served on him for not
submitting the audit report of `Hind Swaraj Trust` headed by
him for two years between 2005 and 2007.
In a letter addressed to Hazare, it said the notice was
"wrongly issued" to him by the office as a result of a
clerical error responsible for non-entry of the trust accounts
submitted to the Charity Commissioner in respect of the period
from April 1, 2005 to March 31, 2007.
Milind Pawar, lawyer for Hazare had earlier accused the
Charity Commissioner`s office of a "design to defame" the
anti-corruption crusader by issuing a "false notice" to him
despite proper submission of the trust accounts for the period
"A mere apology is not enough and we are contemplating a
legal course of action against the Charity Commissioner`s
office," Pawar said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read