`Wrongly issued` notice to Hazare withdrawn
Pune: The office of Charity Commissioner,
Pune, has tendered an apology to social activist Anna Hazare
and withdrew a `showcause` notice served on him for not
submitting the audit report of `Hind Swaraj Trust` headed by
him for two years between 2005 and 2007.
In a letter addressed to Hazare, it said the notice was
"wrongly issued" to him by the office as a result of a
clerical error responsible for non-entry of the trust accounts
submitted to the Charity Commissioner in respect of the period
from April 1, 2005 to March 31, 2007.
Milind Pawar, lawyer for Hazare had earlier accused the
Charity Commissioner`s office of a "design to defame" the
anti-corruption crusader by issuing a "false notice" to him
despite proper submission of the trust accounts for the period
"A mere apology is not enough and we are contemplating a
legal course of action against the Charity Commissioner`s
office," Pawar said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!