Yogita death case: HC rejects closure report, Gadkari in trouble
Nagpur: A court in Nagpur on Thursday rejected the closure report filed by the CID in the case pertaining to the mysterious death of seven-year-old Yogita Thackeray, whose body was found in a car at the residence of former BJP president Nitin Gadkari in 2009.
The Nagpur Bench of Mumbai High Court has ordered fresh investigations into the case. The closure report had termed the mysterious death of the girl as an accident.
As per the police version, Yogita`s body was found in the car when it was opened by policemen deployed outside Gadkari`s residence in Mahal in Nagpur. As per them, the girl, who was the daughter of a maidservant employed in a neighbouring household, entered the car and then suffocated to death.
The girl`s family were not convinced. They alleged that the girl`s murder was being covered due to political pressure. They also alleged that the cover up could be at the behest of Gadkari and other politicians. Gadkari was not at home at the time of the incident.
While the cops claimed that the girl died due to lack of oxygen in the car, the parents of the girl demanded a CBI probe claiming that the post mortem report had shown that the girl had sustained injuries and that someone had `smothered` her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi Police rule out hate crime angle, say 'attacks were not racial in nature'
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!