Yogita death case: HC rejects closure report, Gadkari in trouble
Nagpur: A court in Nagpur on Thursday rejected the closure report filed by the CID in the case pertaining to the mysterious death of seven-year-old Yogita Thackeray, whose body was found in a car at the residence of former BJP president Nitin Gadkari in 2009.
The Nagpur Bench of Mumbai High Court has ordered fresh investigations into the case. The closure report had termed the mysterious death of the girl as an accident.
As per the police version, Yogita`s body was found in the car when it was opened by policemen deployed outside Gadkari`s residence in Mahal in Nagpur. As per them, the girl, who was the daughter of a maidservant employed in a neighbouring household, entered the car and then suffocated to death.
The girl`s family were not convinced. They alleged that the girl`s murder was being covered due to political pressure. They also alleged that the cover up could be at the behest of Gadkari and other politicians. Gadkari was not at home at the time of the incident.
While the cops claimed that the girl died due to lack of oxygen in the car, the parents of the girl demanded a CBI probe claiming that the post mortem report had shown that the girl had sustained injuries and that someone had `smothered` her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok