Young woman commits suicide in Thane
Thane: A 22-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence here in Kisan Nagar locality, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place on Monday night when she was alone at home while her parents were away to attend a wedding, they said.
According to police, the young woman identified as Dhanashree Bagal also left a suicide note in Marathi, which was partly struck off and not legible.
PSI Kishore Tawde of the Shree Nagar police station said the portion that was addressed to her mother and could be made out, said she did not want to marry.
However, her parents said that they had not even initiated talks for her marriage and there were no proposals too.
Police said the woman`s body has been sent for postmortem and the note has been sent for forensic analysis to verify whether it was tampered with.
The reason behind the extreme step is still not clear.
However, they have ruled out any foul play in the case. A case of accidental death has been registered as of now, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!