Your hopes of Pawar vs Pawar dashed: Sharad Pawar to media
Mumbai: After more than 72 hours of political drama which unfolded in the financial capital of India, NCP chief Sharad Pawar said on Friday that there was no threat to the government in Maharashtra and that the party had accepted Ajit Pawar`s resignation. He also made it clear that all was well within the Pawar clan.
After the crucial meet in Mumbai of his party legilators, Sharad Pawar told the waiting media "I was asked by my party members to reconsider Ajit`s resignation. But respecting his decision we have decided to accept the same."
"Ajit Pawar exprssed the view that till he is cleared of all the allegations he would not like to continue in the government," he added.
On the contentious issue of irrigation scam which saw Ajit leave the government, Pawar opined, "We support Maharsahtra Chief Minister`s decision to bring out a white paper on irrigation. We request that the white paper be made public."
Making it clear that the NCP-Congress government was safe, the senior Pawar said that the resignation of other NCP ministers in the state had been rejected by the party and that all NCP ministers would come back to work tomorrow.
Taking a dig at the media NCP supremo said, "Sorry to disappoint all those who were waiting to get some dope on Pawar vs Pawar."
Meanwhile, Sharad Pawar`s daughter also reiterated that there was no rift within the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25