Your hopes of Pawar vs Pawar dashed: Sharad Pawar to media
Mumbai: After more than 72 hours of political drama which unfolded in the financial capital of India, NCP chief Sharad Pawar said on Friday that there was no threat to the government in Maharashtra and that the party had accepted Ajit Pawar`s resignation. He also made it clear that all was well within the Pawar clan.
After the crucial meet in Mumbai of his party legilators, Sharad Pawar told the waiting media "I was asked by my party members to reconsider Ajit`s resignation. But respecting his decision we have decided to accept the same."
"Ajit Pawar exprssed the view that till he is cleared of all the allegations he would not like to continue in the government," he added.
On the contentious issue of irrigation scam which saw Ajit leave the government, Pawar opined, "We support Maharsahtra Chief Minister`s decision to bring out a white paper on irrigation. We request that the white paper be made public."
Making it clear that the NCP-Congress government was safe, the senior Pawar said that the resignation of other NCP ministers in the state had been rejected by the party and that all NCP ministers would come back to work tomorrow.
Taking a dig at the media NCP supremo said, "Sorry to disappoint all those who were waiting to get some dope on Pawar vs Pawar."
Meanwhile, Sharad Pawar`s daughter also reiterated that there was no rift within the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH