Your hopes of Pawar vs Pawar dashed: Sharad Pawar to media
Mumbai: After more than 72 hours of political drama which unfolded in the financial capital of India, NCP chief Sharad Pawar said on Friday that there was no threat to the government in Maharashtra and that the party had accepted Ajit Pawar`s resignation. He also made it clear that all was well within the Pawar clan.
After the crucial meet in Mumbai of his party legilators, Sharad Pawar told the waiting media "I was asked by my party members to reconsider Ajit`s resignation. But respecting his decision we have decided to accept the same."
"Ajit Pawar exprssed the view that till he is cleared of all the allegations he would not like to continue in the government," he added.
On the contentious issue of irrigation scam which saw Ajit leave the government, Pawar opined, "We support Maharsahtra Chief Minister`s decision to bring out a white paper on irrigation. We request that the white paper be made public."
Making it clear that the NCP-Congress government was safe, the senior Pawar said that the resignation of other NCP ministers in the state had been rejected by the party and that all NCP ministers would come back to work tomorrow.
Taking a dig at the media NCP supremo said, "Sorry to disappoint all those who were waiting to get some dope on Pawar vs Pawar."
Meanwhile, Sharad Pawar`s daughter also reiterated that there was no rift within the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack