Youth commits suicide in police custody in Maha
Satara: A 21-year-old youth, who was held on charges of damaging a state-owned bus, allegedly committed suicide in police custody in the district on Tuesday.
Pilya alias Sunil Kabulya Shinde, a resident of Watharnimbalkar village in Phaltan taluka in the district, was detained by Khandala police on April 6 for allegedly damaging the state transport bus and was later sent to a day`s police custody, police said.
However, Shinde was found hanging from a water supply pipe in the wee hours today, they said.
He was also accused in a number of other crimes committed at several places in the state. When his relatives came to know about the death, they held protests outside the police station, but the situation was soon brought under control, they said.
According to a senior police officer, three policemen have been suspended and the probe into the alleged suicide has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi