Youth commits suicide in police custody in Maha
Satara: A 21-year-old youth, who was held on charges of damaging a state-owned bus, allegedly committed suicide in police custody in the district on Tuesday.
Pilya alias Sunil Kabulya Shinde, a resident of Watharnimbalkar village in Phaltan taluka in the district, was detained by Khandala police on April 6 for allegedly damaging the state transport bus and was later sent to a day`s police custody, police said.
However, Shinde was found hanging from a water supply pipe in the wee hours today, they said.
He was also accused in a number of other crimes committed at several places in the state. When his relatives came to know about the death, they held protests outside the police station, but the situation was soon brought under control, they said.
According to a senior police officer, three policemen have been suspended and the probe into the alleged suicide has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1
- Sri Lanka tries new blood against Australia
- Pak wants UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP