Youth Congress to agitate against graft in BMC
Mumbai: Alleging "rampant corruption" in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the youth wing of city Congress has planned an agitation against the ruling Shiv Sena-BJP combine from December 27.
"We will fast at Azad Maidan from December 27 to 29 to
highlight the demand and also to urge Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan to initiate a CBI inquiry into the
corruption cases at BMC, which runs into thousands of crores
of rupees," Sadaf Aboli, Mumbai youth Congress president said.
He alleged that last week, tenders worth Rs 80 crore
were issued in a span of 2-3 minutes in the BMC standing
committee without any discussions.
Recently, `Swabhimaan Sanghatana` president and son of
Maharashtra Industry minister Nitesh Rane had alleged that
tenders were awarded to the kin and acquaintances of those
running the civic-body.
Rane also released a calendar, which highlighted
alleged maladministration in the BMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city