Youth Congress to agitate against graft in BMC
Mumbai: Alleging "rampant corruption" in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the youth wing of city Congress has planned an agitation against the ruling Shiv Sena-BJP combine from December 27.
"We will fast at Azad Maidan from December 27 to 29 to
highlight the demand and also to urge Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan to initiate a CBI inquiry into the
corruption cases at BMC, which runs into thousands of crores
of rupees," Sadaf Aboli, Mumbai youth Congress president said.
He alleged that last week, tenders worth Rs 80 crore
were issued in a span of 2-3 minutes in the BMC standing
committee without any discussions.
Recently, `Swabhimaan Sanghatana` president and son of
Maharashtra Industry minister Nitesh Rane had alleged that
tenders were awarded to the kin and acquaintances of those
running the civic-body.
Rane also released a calendar, which highlighted
alleged maladministration in the BMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III