Youth Congress to agitate against graft in BMC
Mumbai: Alleging "rampant corruption" in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the youth wing of city Congress has planned an agitation against the ruling Shiv Sena-BJP combine from December 27.
"We will fast at Azad Maidan from December 27 to 29 to
highlight the demand and also to urge Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan to initiate a CBI inquiry into the
corruption cases at BMC, which runs into thousands of crores
of rupees," Sadaf Aboli, Mumbai youth Congress president said.
He alleged that last week, tenders worth Rs 80 crore
were issued in a span of 2-3 minutes in the BMC standing
committee without any discussions.
Recently, `Swabhimaan Sanghatana` president and son of
Maharashtra Industry minister Nitesh Rane had alleged that
tenders were awarded to the kin and acquaintances of those
running the civic-body.
Rane also released a calendar, which highlighted
alleged maladministration in the BMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months