Youth dies after gulping `potion` to quit alcohol
Nashik: A youth died and three others were hospitalised after they gulped a `potion` to quit their addiction to liquor, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Sonawane (26) died while undergoing treatment at district civil hospital yesterday soon after consuming the `medicine`, apparently from a quack at Kuran village in Sangmaner tehsil of Ahmednagar district, they said.
Condition of three of his friends is stable, police said.
The deceased was the resident of Ghoti village in Igatpuri tehsil of Nashik district, they said.
According to police, Sonawane and others started vomiting and having loose motions soon after they gulped the `potion`.
Police have yet to identify the person from whom they bought the dose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion