Youth dies after gulping `potion` to quit alcohol
Nashik: A youth died and three others were hospitalised after they gulped a `potion` to quit their addiction to liquor, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Sonawane (26) died while undergoing treatment at district civil hospital yesterday soon after consuming the `medicine`, apparently from a quack at Kuran village in Sangmaner tehsil of Ahmednagar district, they said.
Condition of three of his friends is stable, police said.
The deceased was the resident of Ghoti village in Igatpuri tehsil of Nashik district, they said.
According to police, Sonawane and others started vomiting and having loose motions soon after they gulped the `potion`.
Police have yet to identify the person from whom they bought the dose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror