Youth dies after gulping `potion` to quit alcohol
Nashik: A youth died and three others were hospitalised after they gulped a `potion` to quit their addiction to liquor, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Sonawane (26) died while undergoing treatment at district civil hospital yesterday soon after consuming the `medicine`, apparently from a quack at Kuran village in Sangmaner tehsil of Ahmednagar district, they said.
Condition of three of his friends is stable, police said.
The deceased was the resident of Ghoti village in Igatpuri tehsil of Nashik district, they said.
According to police, Sonawane and others started vomiting and having loose motions soon after they gulped the `potion`.
Police have yet to identify the person from whom they bought the dose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan