Youth dies after gulping `potion` to quit alcohol
Nashik: A youth died and three others were hospitalised after they gulped a `potion` to quit their addiction to liquor, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Sonawane (26) died while undergoing treatment at district civil hospital yesterday soon after consuming the `medicine`, apparently from a quack at Kuran village in Sangmaner tehsil of Ahmednagar district, they said.
Condition of three of his friends is stable, police said.
The deceased was the resident of Ghoti village in Igatpuri tehsil of Nashik district, they said.
According to police, Sonawane and others started vomiting and having loose motions soon after they gulped the `potion`.
Police have yet to identify the person from whom they bought the dose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon