Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola (Mah): A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview