Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola (Mah): A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why