Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola (Mah): A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs
- Venkaiah Naidu lauds Sonia Gandhi, says without her Congress would have disintegrated
- Six terrorists killed in Algeria