Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola (Mah): A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi