Youth gets 10-years rigorous imprisonment for raping minor
Akola (Mah): A person was sentenced to ten years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for raping a 14-year-old girl repeatedly on the premise of marrying her, resulting in pregnancy.
The sentence was handed out yesterday by fast track court judge P M Divte, who also imposed a fine of Rs one lakh on the accused in the 2010 case.
The incident took place in village Mandva in Mehkan taluka of Buldhana when accused Ravindra Lekurwale allegedly raped the minor promising to marry her but went back on his words.
Later, when the girl got pregnant, her parents disowned her. She gave birth to baby boy at a remand home, where she is presently put up.
The trial began on October 11 last year and as many as 14 witnesses were examined before the youth was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- India sends Letter Rogatories to six countries, requests them to seize Dawood Ibrahim's properties