Youth held, 17 fined for indecent behaviour at `gay` party
Mumbai: A youth was arrested for allegedly possessing charas while 17 guests, including three women, were fined for alleged indecent behaviour during a "gay" party at a pub in suburban Jogeshwari in wee hours on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off that drugs will be supplied at the "gay" party, Oshiwara police officials raided the pub at around 12.30 am yesterday and found one of the youths, Sohail Bhatia (21), under the influence of charas. He was consuming charas while smoking cigarettes, police said, adding that he was subsequently arrested.
The police rounded up all 35 guests in the party, including four women and two foreign nationals.
Police took blood samples of all the 35 youngsters to ascertain if they were under the influence of drugs.
"Bhatia tested positive for drugs while reports of others are awaited," a police inspector said.
As many as 17 of the guests, including three women, were fined Rs 1200 each for indecent behaviour, police said, adding some men were found in compromising positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre