Youth held, 17 fined for indecent behaviour at `gay` party
Mumbai: A youth was arrested for allegedly possessing charas while 17 guests, including three women, were fined for alleged indecent behaviour during a "gay" party at a pub in suburban Jogeshwari in wee hours on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off that drugs will be supplied at the "gay" party, Oshiwara police officials raided the pub at around 12.30 am yesterday and found one of the youths, Sohail Bhatia (21), under the influence of charas. He was consuming charas while smoking cigarettes, police said, adding that he was subsequently arrested.
The police rounded up all 35 guests in the party, including four women and two foreign nationals.
Police took blood samples of all the 35 youngsters to ascertain if they were under the influence of drugs.
"Bhatia tested positive for drugs while reports of others are awaited," a police inspector said.
As many as 17 of the guests, including three women, were fined Rs 1200 each for indecent behaviour, police said, adding some men were found in compromising positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok