Youth held for driving friend to suicide
Thane: A 28-year-old man was arrested for allegedly driving his friend to suicide after the latter confronted him for talking frequently to his wife, police said Thursday.
Navnath Kisan Waghe was arrested under section 306 of IPC for abetting suicide of 22-year-old Ravindra Mukne, said police sub-inspector A G Kumbhar.
Both were residents of Phade village in Kalyan taluka.
Police said Ravindra had confronted Navnath several times for frequently talking to his wife and had had heated exchanges over the issue.
Ravindra was beaten up by Navnath on Tuesday when he again broached the subject, police said, adding that Ravindra felt insulted and narrated the incident to his wife.
"Ravindra last night consumed poison at his home", Kumbhar said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US