Youth held for driving friend to suicide
Thane: A 28-year-old man was arrested for allegedly driving his friend to suicide after the latter confronted him for talking frequently to his wife, police said Thursday.
Navnath Kisan Waghe was arrested under section 306 of IPC for abetting suicide of 22-year-old Ravindra Mukne, said police sub-inspector A G Kumbhar.
Both were residents of Phade village in Kalyan taluka.
Police said Ravindra had confronted Navnath several times for frequently talking to his wife and had had heated exchanges over the issue.
Ravindra was beaten up by Navnath on Tuesday when he again broached the subject, police said, adding that Ravindra felt insulted and narrated the incident to his wife.
"Ravindra last night consumed poison at his home", Kumbhar said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday