Youth held for driving friend to suicide
Thane: A 28-year-old man was arrested for allegedly driving his friend to suicide after the latter confronted him for talking frequently to his wife, police said Thursday.
Navnath Kisan Waghe was arrested under section 306 of IPC for abetting suicide of 22-year-old Ravindra Mukne, said police sub-inspector A G Kumbhar.
Both were residents of Phade village in Kalyan taluka.
Police said Ravindra had confronted Navnath several times for frequently talking to his wife and had had heated exchanges over the issue.
Ravindra was beaten up by Navnath on Tuesday when he again broached the subject, police said, adding that Ravindra felt insulted and narrated the incident to his wife.
"Ravindra last night consumed poison at his home", Kumbhar said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why