Youth held for driving friend to suicide
Thane: A 28-year-old man was arrested for allegedly driving his friend to suicide after the latter confronted him for talking frequently to his wife, police said Thursday.
Navnath Kisan Waghe was arrested under section 306 of IPC for abetting suicide of 22-year-old Ravindra Mukne, said police sub-inspector A G Kumbhar.
Both were residents of Phade village in Kalyan taluka.
Police said Ravindra had confronted Navnath several times for frequently talking to his wife and had had heated exchanges over the issue.
Ravindra was beaten up by Navnath on Tuesday when he again broached the subject, police said, adding that Ravindra felt insulted and narrated the incident to his wife.
"Ravindra last night consumed poison at his home", Kumbhar said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bastian Schweinsteiger not giving up on Manchester United
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag