Youth held for kidnap, rape of teenaged relative
Thane: A 25-year-old man was arrested on Thursday for allegedly abducting and raping the minor daughter of a relative in Mira Road area of Thane, police said.
Ravikumar S Chourasia, hailing from a village in Uttar Pradesh`s Lucknow district and working as a painter here, got acquainted with the 14-year-old daughter of a relative last year, Mira Road police station inspector Dhananjay Kshirsagar said.
On June 30, the youth took the girl to a lonely place in Bhayander, while she was travelling in a bus back home, and allegedly raped her.
Chourasia later took the girl to lodges in Virar and Nashik where he again sexually assaulted her.
The youth then took the girl to his village in Lucknow and raped her repeatedly there also while assuring that he would marry her, the police officer said.
On August 3, the girl returned to her Mira Road home and informed her mother about the offence following which the latter lodged a police complaint, Kshirsagar said.
Based on the complaint, the accused was arrested today and booked under sections 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping), 366(a) of the IPC and sections 3 and 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, he said, adding that further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'