Youth held for raping girlfriend in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 25-year-old youth from Uttar Pradesh was arrested for allegedly raping his girlfriend whom he had eloped with one month back, police said on Tuesday.
The Social Services Branch (SSB) of Mumbai Police on Monday raided the flat of accused Manish Singh in suburban Oshiwara and rescued the 19-year-old girl, they said.
Singh was booked on charges of rape and kidnapping, police said.
According to police, the girl, a BA student, eloped with Manish around a month back from Sultanpur in Uttar Pradesh and started living in Mumbai.
The duo ran away after their parents opposed their alliance as they belonged to different castes, police said.
After the girl went missing, her family filed a missing person`s complaint with Sultanpur police.
However, the couple soon developed differences with Singh allegedly neglecting her and giving her little to eat. Singh would also assault her and during the span of one-month entered into physical relationship with her, police said.
Unable to bear the suffering, the girl somehow contacted her parents who in turn informed Sultanpur police who alerted their Mumbai counterparts.
The victim was sent to the women`s shelter home after she was rescued from the flat, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO