Youth held for trying to hurl footwear at Prithvir
Pandharpur: A youth was on Sunday detained after he tried to throw footwear at Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan when he was addressing a farmers` rally here, police said.
Mahesh Kedar, who claims to be Madha taluka president of `Raghunath Dada Patil Shetkari Sanghatna`, was intercepted by police when he rushed towards the stage, holding footwear in his hand, from where Chavan was addressing the meeting, they said.
Chavan visited Sitaram Sugar Factory here to inaugurate the sugarcane crushing season and was addressing farmers when the incident took place in the afternoon, police said.
Kedar was overpowered by police before he could reach near the stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test