Youth jailed for attempt to rape three-year old neighbour in Maharashtra
Thane: A 20-year old youth who was found guilty of attempting to rape a 3-year old girl was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Saturday.
Additional Sessions Judge S J Kale held Dilip Gupta guilty of the charges under section 376 with 511 and also fined him Rs 5000.
The incident happened on April 18, 2011 when Dilip took the girl to his house and closed the door but it was noticed by another girl living in the neighbourhood.
Later the victim also came home crying and when questioned as to what had happened, she simply showed fingers at the accused, the court was told.
Relying on the evidence of the witnesses and statements of the victim and her friend recorded by the Executive Magistrate, the judge held him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award