Youth jailed for attempt to rape three-year old neighbour in Maharashtra
Thane: A 20-year old youth who was found guilty of attempting to rape a 3-year old girl was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Saturday.
Additional Sessions Judge S J Kale held Dilip Gupta guilty of the charges under section 376 with 511 and also fined him Rs 5000.
The incident happened on April 18, 2011 when Dilip took the girl to his house and closed the door but it was noticed by another girl living in the neighbourhood.
Later the victim also came home crying and when questioned as to what had happened, she simply showed fingers at the accused, the court was told.
Relying on the evidence of the witnesses and statements of the victim and her friend recorded by the Executive Magistrate, the judge held him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars