Youth jailed for attempt to rape three-year old neighbour in Maharashtra
Thane: A 20-year old youth who was found guilty of attempting to rape a 3-year old girl was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Saturday.
Additional Sessions Judge S J Kale held Dilip Gupta guilty of the charges under section 376 with 511 and also fined him Rs 5000.
The incident happened on April 18, 2011 when Dilip took the girl to his house and closed the door but it was noticed by another girl living in the neighbourhood.
Later the victim also came home crying and when questioned as to what had happened, she simply showed fingers at the accused, the court was told.
Relying on the evidence of the witnesses and statements of the victim and her friend recorded by the Executive Magistrate, the judge held him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi