Youth jailed for attempt to rape three-year old neighbour in Maharashtra
Thane: A 20-year old youth who was found guilty of attempting to rape a 3-year old girl was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Saturday.
Additional Sessions Judge S J Kale held Dilip Gupta guilty of the charges under section 376 with 511 and also fined him Rs 5000.
The incident happened on April 18, 2011 when Dilip took the girl to his house and closed the door but it was noticed by another girl living in the neighbourhood.
Later the victim also came home crying and when questioned as to what had happened, she simply showed fingers at the accused, the court was told.
Relying on the evidence of the witnesses and statements of the victim and her friend recorded by the Executive Magistrate, the judge held him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145