Youth jailed for attempt to rape three-year old neighbour in Maharashtra
Thane: A 20-year old youth who was found guilty of attempting to rape a 3-year old girl was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a local court in Saturday.
Additional Sessions Judge S J Kale held Dilip Gupta guilty of the charges under section 376 with 511 and also fined him Rs 5000.
The incident happened on April 18, 2011 when Dilip took the girl to his house and closed the door but it was noticed by another girl living in the neighbourhood.
Later the victim also came home crying and when questioned as to what had happened, she simply showed fingers at the accused, the court was told.
Relying on the evidence of the witnesses and statements of the victim and her friend recorded by the Executive Magistrate, the judge held him guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days