Youth throws acid on uncle`s face, arrested in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 27-year-old man was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on his uncle`s face and assaulting him with an axe, police said on Sunday.
The accused - Sarabjit Singh - stayed with his uncle Rajinder Singh (49) in suburban Andheri of Mumbai.
Rajinder ran a food joint, while Sarabjit was unemployed, police said.
Sarabjit attacked Rajinder yesterday at around 8 PM, as he thought that the latter would usurp the food joint property without giving him any share.
"Sarabjit threw acid on the face of Rajinder and also assaulted him with an axe," a police officer said.
Rajinder was taken to Seven Hills hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
"We are trying to find out if there were any property disputes between the accused and victim. Further investigations are on," the official said.
Sarabjit has been booked for attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt