Youth throws acid on uncle`s face, arrested in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 27-year-old man was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on his uncle`s face and assaulting him with an axe, police said on Sunday.
The accused - Sarabjit Singh - stayed with his uncle Rajinder Singh (49) in suburban Andheri of Mumbai.
Rajinder ran a food joint, while Sarabjit was unemployed, police said.
Sarabjit attacked Rajinder yesterday at around 8 PM, as he thought that the latter would usurp the food joint property without giving him any share.
"Sarabjit threw acid on the face of Rajinder and also assaulted him with an axe," a police officer said.
Rajinder was taken to Seven Hills hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
"We are trying to find out if there were any property disputes between the accused and victim. Further investigations are on," the official said.
Sarabjit has been booked for attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!