Youth throws acid on uncle`s face, arrested in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 27-year-old man was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on his uncle`s face and assaulting him with an axe, police said on Sunday.
The accused - Sarabjit Singh - stayed with his uncle Rajinder Singh (49) in suburban Andheri of Mumbai.
Rajinder ran a food joint, while Sarabjit was unemployed, police said.
Sarabjit attacked Rajinder yesterday at around 8 PM, as he thought that the latter would usurp the food joint property without giving him any share.
"Sarabjit threw acid on the face of Rajinder and also assaulted him with an axe," a police officer said.
Rajinder was taken to Seven Hills hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
"We are trying to find out if there were any property disputes between the accused and victim. Further investigations are on," the official said.
Sarabjit has been booked for attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation