Youth throws acid on uncle`s face, arrested in Maharashtra
Mumbai: A 27-year-old man was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on his uncle`s face and assaulting him with an axe, police said on Sunday.
The accused - Sarabjit Singh - stayed with his uncle Rajinder Singh (49) in suburban Andheri of Mumbai.
Rajinder ran a food joint, while Sarabjit was unemployed, police said.
Sarabjit attacked Rajinder yesterday at around 8 PM, as he thought that the latter would usurp the food joint property without giving him any share.
"Sarabjit threw acid on the face of Rajinder and also assaulted him with an axe," a police officer said.
Rajinder was taken to Seven Hills hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
"We are trying to find out if there were any property disputes between the accused and victim. Further investigations are on," the official said.
Sarabjit has been booked for attempt to murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender