Youths held for pushing elderly man to death
Thane: Two youths were arrested for allegedly killing a 50-year-old man by pushing him into a well at a village here, police said Friday.
On Wednesday, the body of one Naresh Parshuram Sarvankar was recovered from a well behind Parvati Palace building in the Vijay Nagar locality of Dombivali`s Ayre village, police inspector Arun Bhor said.
Initially, the police registered a case of accidental death, but yesterday, a deceased`s relative informed at the police station that two youths had allegedly attacked Sarvankar with sharp objects and then pushed him to death in a well at Vijay Nagar.
Based on the complaint, police registered a case of murder under section 302 of the IPC and last night arrested the two youths - Prashant Keni alias Pappya and Sandesh Keni alias Phugya - both 22 years` of age and residents of Ayre village.
The motive behind the murder was still not known, police said adding that they were interrogating the two youths about the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city