Youths held for pushing elderly man to death
Thane: Two youths were arrested for allegedly killing a 50-year-old man by pushing him into a well at a village here, police said Friday.
On Wednesday, the body of one Naresh Parshuram Sarvankar was recovered from a well behind Parvati Palace building in the Vijay Nagar locality of Dombivali`s Ayre village, police inspector Arun Bhor said.
Initially, the police registered a case of accidental death, but yesterday, a deceased`s relative informed at the police station that two youths had allegedly attacked Sarvankar with sharp objects and then pushed him to death in a well at Vijay Nagar.
Based on the complaint, police registered a case of murder under section 302 of the IPC and last night arrested the two youths - Prashant Keni alias Pappya and Sandesh Keni alias Phugya - both 22 years` of age and residents of Ayre village.
The motive behind the murder was still not known, police said adding that they were interrogating the two youths about the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur