Yuva Sena treasurer held for organising show at `silence zone`
Mumbai: Treasurer of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena, was on Tuesday arrested for organising a music show last week at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai, which is declared a silence zone, where renowned percussionist Sivamani performed, police said.
Yuva Sena treasurer Amey Ghole was arrested for organising the show, two days after an FIR was registered against him in this connection, police said.
The FIR was registered on Sunday for alleged violation of the Environment (Protection) Act and Bombay Police Act for organising the event at the Shivaji Park on Saturday, even after he was denied permission for it as the ground was declared as silence zone by Bombay High Court.
"Ghole was arrested and produced before a local court, which granted him bail on Rs 5,000 of personal bond," said Suresh Unawane,Senior Inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
According to the police, the Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray, had organised the event on Saturday night.
They had not sought requisite permissions to organise the event, the police said.
Percussionist Sivamani had performed there and was seen playing drums along with some other instruments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days