Yuva Sena treasurer held for organising show at `silence zone`
Mumbai: Treasurer of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena, was on Tuesday arrested for organising a music show last week at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai, which is declared a silence zone, where renowned percussionist Sivamani performed, police said.
Yuva Sena treasurer Amey Ghole was arrested for organising the show, two days after an FIR was registered against him in this connection, police said.
The FIR was registered on Sunday for alleged violation of the Environment (Protection) Act and Bombay Police Act for organising the event at the Shivaji Park on Saturday, even after he was denied permission for it as the ground was declared as silence zone by Bombay High Court.
"Ghole was arrested and produced before a local court, which granted him bail on Rs 5,000 of personal bond," said Suresh Unawane,Senior Inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
According to the police, the Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray, had organised the event on Saturday night.
They had not sought requisite permissions to organise the event, the police said.
Percussionist Sivamani had performed there and was seen playing drums along with some other instruments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA