Yuva Sena treasurer held for organising show at `silence zone`
Mumbai: Treasurer of Yuva Sena, the youth wing of Shiv Sena, was on Tuesday arrested for organising a music show last week at Shivaji Park in central Mumbai, which is declared a silence zone, where renowned percussionist Sivamani performed, police said.
Yuva Sena treasurer Amey Ghole was arrested for organising the show, two days after an FIR was registered against him in this connection, police said.
The FIR was registered on Sunday for alleged violation of the Environment (Protection) Act and Bombay Police Act for organising the event at the Shivaji Park on Saturday, even after he was denied permission for it as the ground was declared as silence zone by Bombay High Court.
"Ghole was arrested and produced before a local court, which granted him bail on Rs 5,000 of personal bond," said Suresh Unawane,Senior Inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
According to the police, the Yuva Sena, headed by Aditya Thackeray, had organised the event on Saturday night.
They had not sought requisite permissions to organise the event, the police said.
Percussionist Sivamani had performed there and was seen playing drums along with some other instruments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!