Zaveri Bazaar blast: ATS gets Haroon’s custody
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS), which is probing the July 13 Mumbai triple blasts case, on Friday obtained the custody of Haroon Nail and Kanwar Pathrija in connection with the blast at Zaveri Bazaar.
The duo was produced before the Mazgaon magistrate`s court here, which remanded them to ATS`s custody afresh till March 2.
The two were earlier in ATS`s custody in connection with Opera house blast. As the remand expired today, ATS sought their custody in Zaveri Bazaar case.
Three blasts at Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House in south Mumbai and Dadar in central Mumbai occurred on July 13 last year, killing around 25 persons and injuring many.
Demanding police custody, ATS told the court today that it wanted to investigate how many transactions of hawala had taken place between Pathrija and Yasin Bhatkal, the top Indian Mujahideen operative and the alleged mastermind of the blasts.
According to the investigating agency, Yasin paid Rs 10 lakh to Pathrija. Defence lawyers opposed the plea, saying that accused were in ATS`s custody for a long time, and there was no progress, or any recovery of evidence, in the case.
When asked by the judge if he had any complaints, Haroon said he had been implicated, and was innocent. He also said that he wanted to file a statement before the court making it clear that he did not want to confess in the case, and if confession was recorded, it should be treated as given under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden